How to Prepare for our First Meeting
It's About You
Creating your dream vacation home requires several things, but successful projects start with great communication on all sides and trust in your team to make good decisions on your behalf.
This is why every design project at Bayberry Cottage begins with getting to know you. Not just your scope of work or your project budget, but you. Your priorities, your style, the way you live in and use your vacation home (or the way you want to!)
What to Expect
Interior Designers have to be adept at balancing all of the different priorities for your vacation home: quality, comfort, style, durability, timeliness, timelessness, budget, incorporating items you already own and love, differing opinions amongst decision makers, current trends (without being trendy), keeping with the architecture of your home—just to name a few!
How do you get the absolute best from your designer and help them to balance (often conflicting) priorities to create a space that is uniquely you? It’s all in the preparation and the communication!
The more information you can give us about the scope of work, your personal style, the way that you use your vacation home, and your priorities, the more easily we’ll be able to create a space that’s perfect for you and your family.
Scope of Work
- Are you tackling just one area or the whole house?
- All at once or in phases?
- Have you determined your budget?
- Are you in agreement with other decision makers about overall style?
- Consider creating inspiration boards on Pinterest to better communicate your priorities to your family and your designers
The Way That You Live
- What is currently working for you in your home?
- What’s not working?
- Does your home currently allow you to spend your vacation time the way you would like to?
We’ve got lots of questions like these that will help us to get to the bottom of all of these issues and more - it helps us to give you more value for your dollars when we’re all on the same page about what your goals are. Any information you can give us to help us create a home that supports you, your family and your lifestyle will make the entire process easier and the outcome better!